Thursday, November 26, 2009

Femmetrepreneurs: this blog's for you.


So. You left everything you know or took this road less traveled from the beginning. Either way, it's against your dna to work for anyone other than yourself. Sure, it's liberating when we see people in cubicles in the movies yet it's exhausting and kinda scary. I will share with you my ideas, where I am with them and vow to blog at least once a day.

Today was Thanksgiving. CNBC had a special on The Oprah Effect. Her midas touch literally is magical on businesses. It takes one mention for sales to soar. 44 million viewers a week. That's 1/6th of Americans tuning in. 1/6th! I couldn't help but get emotional. The story of the "We make the cake" and Carol's Daughter are incredible examples of how we all should do our very best to try and get on the Oprah Show before it's too late. I have an idea and will tell you later.

Before going to bed I watched Julie and Julia for the second time and became inspired to start this blog. Again, I cried at the end. I realized my tears are of joy of witnessing the rags to riches stories. There is nothing more enchanting than to watch an entrepreneur's success story. It helps us stay on our path no matter how dreary it can be. I know the voice inside your head. Trust Me. You think: When is that going to be me? When will all this hard work pay off? Who will notice my brilliant product ideas? How will I get the attention of producers that have the midas touch? Will it ever happen? Am I wasting my time? Should I just get a job?!
(Sign) Well, I invest everything I have to being a femmetrepreneur, as you probably do too. I know one thing and one thing only— I will never stop until I become a success story. I live out of a suitcase. That is the only way I am able to executive produce and star in the show The Lights. Sarah Jessica Parker is my role model. She executive produced Sex and the City and became sought after for endorsement products.

One day we will look back and think, "wow, I did it.". I can't wait to get to know my readers and share your stories as being a femmetrepreneur. Here it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment